Astronomy: The Science of the Heavenly Bodies by David P. Todd
Tonight’s sleepy story is the tale of how Edmond Halley discovered the comet that was named after him. There’s a lot of talk of calculating the mass of astronomical objects and explaining their movement in this podcast episode. We learn about the life of Halley and his importance to his contemporaries, but you’ll fall asleep with me telling you about it well before we get to the end.
Need a Podcast Editor?
I’ve taken the step of leaving my hospitality industry job to spend more time with my family. So if you or someone you know needs a podcast edited, drop me a line at email@example.com or check out my site at https://brightvoxaudio.com/
Episode edits start at $15, lock in introductory pricing now!
SleepPhones, and a discount code
In our experience the best way to experience the bedtime stories of Sleepy Time Tales is with some type of headphone or earbud, but they can be cumbersome and uncomfortable.
Our partners at SleepPhones agree and are offering Sleepy Time Tales listeners a 10% discount on purchases of $99.95 or more. Use the link below and discount code SLEEPYTIME at checkout to get your discount.
This is a limited time offer, so don’t sleep on it (sorry notsorry)
To check them out go to sleepphones.sleepytimetales.net to check them out and support Sleepy Time Tales. And don’t forget to use the promo code SLEEPYTIME to get 10% off any purchase of $99.95 or more.
Sleepy Time Tales Merch and Stuff
I’ve been putting up a lot of new designs on both Redbubble and Teepublic. I usually do Redbubble first and then do a bit upload to Teepublic later if you have a store preference.
Not all of the designs are Sleepy Time Tales branded, actually most aren’t, so you can support the podcast without needing to emblazon the logo on yourself. 😊
Teepublic – https://www.teepublic.com/?ref_id=25247
Find Astronomy: The Science of the Heavenly Bodies by David P. Todd
Supporting Sleepy Time Tales
If you would like to support my work and help keep the podcast available and for free, there are several ways you can support the show.
- You can support the show as a supporter on Patreon and receive a host of bonuses including Patron only episodes and special edits https://www.patreon.com/sleepytimetales
- If you’re enjoying Sleepy Time Tales and would like to make a financial contribution, but would rather not commit to a monthly payment then you can throw a tip in the jar at paypal.me/sleepytimetales
- Get yourself a set of SleepPhones, headphones designed specially for your needs as an insomniac who likes to listen to something to help you sleep, take a look at https://www.sleepphones.com/?aff=740 or sleepphones.sleepytimetales.net
- Or check out our new Merch store up at TeePublic where you can buy Sleepy Time Tales merch or even cool works from other creators. Go to merch.sleepytimetales.net
- Treat yourself to a free audiobook to keep from Audible’s significant range, and help Sleepy Time Tales to keep the lights on and grow. Go to Audibletrial.com/sleepytime and sign up for a free 30-day trial.
- Sean O
- Abby F
- Chris & Moya
- Felicity R
If you’re enjoying the show, and finding it helps you sleep despite the stresses and strains of your life, the absolute best thing you can do is share it with your friends, families, acquaintances, cellmates etc. Anyone who needs a good night’s sleep might benefit.
So please share it with the people in your life, whether in person or on social media.
Find The Show
Music Patreon: https://tinyurl.com/loyaltyfreak