This week we have a selection of short sleepy stories to help you get your night’s rest
Detailed episode notes: https://sleepytimetales.net/?p=1371
An exciting series of short stories send you to sleep on this week’s podcast. For your bedtime enjoyment we present a trio of tales of a mythological flavour. From a young boy in the Andes saving the lives of some ‘intrepid’ and careless explorers. To how the Elephant got his trunk, thanks to his insatiable curiosity, and ending with a fable of the creation of Day and Night.
A Boy of the Andes
By Charles F Lummis From The Enchanted Burro https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/58954
The Elephant’s Child
By Rudyard Kipling from Just So Stories https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2781
A Legend of the Dawn
By Lord Dunsany from Time and the Gods https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8183
Image by skeeze from Pixabay
Supporting Sleepy Time Tales
If you would like to support my work and help keep the podcast available and for free, there are several ways you can support the show.
- If you need masks for going out in public and want to support Sleepy Time Tales as well as Heart to Heart International, then check out the masks now available on the Redbubble store
- You can support the show as a supporter on Patreon and receive a host of bonuses including Patron only episodes, special edits and real postcards, eventually when the world opens again. 😊 https://www.patreon.com/sleepytimetales
- You can sign up at BetterHelp for professional, low cost counselling services at: https://trybetterhelp.com/sleepytime
- You can throw a tip in the jar at paypal.me/sleepytimetales
- Want to wear or decorate with Sleepy Time Tales? Check out the store and get yourself some sleepwear, pillows, phones cases or anything else you’d like http://sleepytimetales.redbubble.com
- Treat yourself to a free audiobook to keep from Audible’s significant range, and help Sleepy Time Tales to keep the lights on and grow. Go to Audibletrial.com/sleepytime and sign up for a free 30-day trial.
We have a new sponsor partner with BetterHelp. A low cost, secure, online therapy service.
Sleepy Time Tales listeners get a 10% discount on your first month. Go to https://trybetterhelp.com/sleepytime to try it out or to https://sleepytimetales.net/betterhelp-mental-health/ to learn more.
Kat Combs & Michael Mikhaeil
If you’re enjoying the show, and finding it helps you sleep despite the stresses and strains of your life, the absolute best thing you can do is share it with your friends, families, acquaintances, cellmates etc. Anyone who needs a good night’s sleep might benefit.
So please share it with the people in your life, whether in person or on social media.
Find The Show
Music Patreon: https://tinyurl.com/loyaltyfreak